Monday, September 22, 2008

The one that started it all.



Not to be crass but feel free to rub one out if you like. I won't mind. Just don't tell me.

After months of waiting and one heated bidding war later, I'm happy to announce the addition of a semi-pristine 1984 Stu Thomsen signature Huffy to my quiver of bicycles.

In the 4th grade this was the absolutely sweetest bike a kid could get. I was lucky enough to have one to call my own and it had a nice, long life of sweet jumps at Tornado Hill before it be succumbed to its Huffy genetics and finally tapped out.

I spent a good chunk of Saturday out in the garage polishing it with a diaper and listening to Van Halen. The only thing that made this day any different from any given day back in 1984 was the fact that I was listening to an iPod instead of a Walkman.


No comments: